THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Welcome

Welcome to The People’s Prerogative. This blog was birthed from my curiosity for fashion, advice and skin and hair care for women of color. While this was my original plan, I noticed something was lacking. The more I catered to my natural hair, the more I grew. The more I used products out there, I noticed no one like me was advertising them. I reorganized and thought...and thought....and thought.


This blog now works to feed your mind, body and soul. Catering to my outside, I realized that it was just an extension of my inside and causing a growth process. I want to share this growth with others and support other women such as myself.


We are the people and this is our prerogative.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hip Hop The Great

After being on a mini music strike, my ears have awoken! I was switching through the radio a few days ago and I must admit, the only reason I stopped was because I heard, "...I was on Cecil B., Broad St, Master, North Philly, South Philly, 23rd, Tasker". As I NEVER hear anything about Philly or Cecil B. Moore(My street, woop woop!) mentioned on NYC radio, I paused. Then I listened.

I am a now new found fan of Jay Electronica. The song I heard was Exhibit C off the defcon project produced by just blaze. Jay Electronica reminded me so much of Nas flow wise (even though I hate Nas...). Apparently, he worked on some songs with Nas and a few Neo-Soul artists. As much as I am tired of commercial music today, he is refreshing as a semi-underground artist coming to the forefront. His lyrics actually mean something, his samples are sick and it does not hurt that they are pretty soulful. I secretly hope he comes out with an album or at least keeps the singles coming. He even did a song with Bilal! I have a musical crush....


This is what really got me interested in him but I posted this second one because I feel everyone needs a feel good song. There is so much sadness going on today that this song really brought a twinkle to my heart., glitter and all. Enjoy!

0 comments: